COLLECTION OF THE WORDS, AND THE WORDS ONLY.....WISDOM CANT BE COLLECTED, ONLY BE STOLEN!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Here I am !

A lover was plunged in prayer when Satan appeared and said,
"How long are you going to go on crying, 'O Allah!
Shut up because you'll never get an answer."
The lover was sad and hung his head in silence.
Then, he had a vision of Prophet Khidr who said,
"Why have you stopped calling on God?"
"Because the answer 'Here I am' did not come."
Khidr said, "God Himself has ordered me to come to you
And say, "Wasn't it I who commanded you to pray?
Wasn't it I who made you busy with My Name?
Your calling out, 'Allah, Allah!' was My 'Here I am!'
Your longing for Me was My messenger to you:
Of all your tears and cries and supplications,
I was the magnet and it was I who gave them wings."


-------------------------RUMI (Mathnawi)

No comments: